Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Gina

Well, I'm finally back in Baltimore, after a long month at home in NJ.

It was ashame I couldn't really enjoy my time at home, by which I mean I couldn't really go to the beach, swim in the ocean, run at the parks, pillage and plunder...

Over the past week I've gotten out a little more. Friday I went over to Celeste and Jay's - they live right on the water now so we rode their Danzi over to Highlands and ate dinner at Windansea, then rode back. It was a fun way to spend a Friday night. Then Saturday me, bro and parents hopped in the whip and drove to College Park - to watch the Terps get smoked by Rutgers, in the cold rain. That was not so fun.

I did my last two New Jersey PT sessions on Monday and Tuesday, at which point I was not able to bend my knee anymore than I have been able to for 10 days. 88 degrees on my own, 92 with help. I can straighten to 0 with help, but sit between 5 and 10 on my own. Not great. According to the therapist I am apparently behind where I should be. Motherfucker, how am I behind on anything?

I saw the surgeon on Tuesday as well, who recommended I take an anti-inflammatory for the next month because my knee is still pretty swollen. I've got PT down here tomorrow at 9, and then I'll hit it 3 days a week for probably the next 6 weeks I'd guess. It really isn't not a lot of fun.

Alyssa was kind enough to come up to NJ to retrieve me, and we stopped by TNT when we got back to town. It had been a really long time since I've been at the track. And man does it get dark early!

No comments: