Monday, October 26, 2009

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good

Halloween week! My favorite holiday of the year. I always love when Halloween is on a Saturday, too - because as a kid you think you can start trick-or-treating right after breakfast and go all day. This year marks the 5th consecutive year of celebrating in Fells Point. I've never seen a street party for Halloween like this one anywhere, and I'm always psyched to spend hours people watching.

Last week turned out to be pretty decent. 5 days in the pool for a total of 21,000 meters - by far the most I've ever done in a week. By Thursday I rode one of the spin bikes at the gym for 15 minutes, and did 20 minutes on Friday.

I knew the weekend was going to be a lot for my knee. Pereless was coming up from Quantico which meant two nights of going out (and, consequently, two very late nights). Friday was spent in Fed Hill, getting home at about 2:30. Woke up around 8 Saturday to on-and-off torrential rain. This altered my ability to endure the Navy-Wake game, as I am not a fan of getting soaked while watching sports. Left at halftime and came back to go out in Canton Saturday night. Probably a little too much on my knee, and I was paying for it yesterday. My knee was swollen and sore.

I woke up at 6 this morning and walked down to PT. I was really sore and it was the slowest I've walked since I came back to Baltimore. After getting worked on, it felt considerably better and I feel like I'll be able to get down to the gym later today. This week's expectations are to increase the swimming a little (by Friday I was dead last week and had a terrible workout) and ride every day for an additional 5 minutes. If I can do that, it'll put me at 45 minutes by Friday.

I don't use much resistance on the spin bike, so I don't know how I'll react when I have to go out onto the road that first time!

No comments: