Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Countdown: Tuesday

I decided to run last night. I'm not sure why. Actually, I am. It was probably the nicest day of the year so far, and I felt obligated to run the first night of the Fort Loop. Of course, we get to the Fort and it's closed. Anyway I felt alright to run, and felt decent for the first few miles. Then somewhere on the back stretch my foot started to hurt. We were also picking it up, our group of Ben, Arjun, Kris, Spence and some other guy. By Charles Street, we were really moving. Definitely faster than I would expect to run on Sunday. I'm hoping that maybe the pace I need to run on Sunday won't be that hard.

After the run, I was not feeling great. The foot hurt pretty bad. I iced when I got home, and took another ibuprofen. I woke up today feeling worse. The foot feels better in shoes than it does barefoot, and I consulted with some people I trust and feel confident that it's nothing more than a bad case of tendinitis or a sprained foot. The suggestion is for me to lay off of it as much as I can, keep up with the ibuprofen, and just roll the dice on Sunday.

So I just hopped in the pool for a minute today, swimming an easy 1500m before heading up to the track. I was jealous I couldn't do the workout, which was 3200m tempo, 1600, 1600 (:20-:30 faster than the tempo pace), and another 3200m tempo. Big workout, 6 miles worth of hard running.

So far I've only had to amend today's run, otherwise I'm still doing everything I had planned on doing in the first place. I didn't even plan on swimming today, so that was good. Tomorrow I'm calling for a swim in the morning, and then a 30 mile ride. I'll see how I feel on that, if I don't feel good, I'll stop. I'll see how it feels Thursday, and may try and ride. Worst case I can take off til Friday but need to be running by then, even if it's not for longer.

Prognosis: If the race were today, I'd make it through, but it wouldn't be pretty.

No comments: