Sunday, April 19, 2009

Popcorn

My shoes smell like popcorn.

After being on my feet ALL day, way more than I would have liked, I am finally back in the hotel. Zero and I are watching CSI: Miami right now, which is a sweet way to end the night. All told, it's been a busy couple of days. I had a wedding to attend on Friday night in NJ, which ended around 2:00am with me eating a Frostee from Wendy's. Saturday we had a few hour drive to Boston, and everyone split up to do their own thing. Ben, Spence and I headed to the North End for dinner.

I hate Boston.

I had to get that out of the way. I won't complain publicly on here, but it's just not my type of city. Buildings are pretty neat, I like the public park space and the history, but I'm not psyched on much else here.

Anyway today we were up reasonably early and headed into town. Did the expo, ran into a few friends working at some booths, and then went for a run. By the time that was done, I had to head to an Under Armour focus group/meeting thing. Props to Brennan for helping me find out where it was. I was expecting maybe 30 minutes. No, definitely 2 hours. Now I didn't have time to go back to the hotel before dinner, so I was just standing more at the expo and waited for Ben to arrive.

We got to the restaurant precisely at 6 for our reservation and good thing - North End was NUTS. As expected, of course. We ate and were in and out pretty quickly.

I had planned most of this trip very well, but neglected to pick up some throwaway clothes for race morning. It's supposed to be pretty chilly in the morning. Some consider it perfect marathon weather, but I'd always rather it be a little warm than a little cold. Zero was in the same situation so we found a TJ Maxx that was open til 8 and were successful in picking up some sweet gear.

Now it's time to hit the sack and get ready for a ridiculously early wakeup for a not-so-early race start time.

As Ben and I were chatting today, about adventures, as we often do, he told me a quote - I forget what it was exactly - but basically it said it can't be considered an adventure unless there's a little bit of insanity. I agree, and the marathon is definitely an adventure.

So peace be the journey to all my friends doing the race tomorrow, and just remember: this is definitely not Denny's.

1 comment:

Senior_Slug said...

Good luck Ryan