Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Washing and Wondering

Actually, I haven't taken a shower today. Nor have I shaven my sweet new "Recession Beard." That's what I'm going to call it after reading this article today.

I then read this little gem about karaoke rage. I have actually experienced this before, so I know what they're talking about. If I were a serial killer, I think I'd like to be known as the "Karaoke Killer" or "Microphone Murderer" or something.

Then I read this one about parents joining Facebook and requesting friendship from their children. My mom recently joined and I avoided accepting her request for a while, but figured whatever.

In between all this worthless Interweb reading and getting out on my bike, I contemplated my career search and wondered, what the heck am I going to do?

The first option is to stay in some kind of sales position. I would really only do this for the right company/product. Of course there are millions of people looking for jobs right now, many of whom have pretty sick resumes, so beggars can't be choosers.

Second option is for a career change. But I'm not qualified to do shit. I have no real background in anything, and no degree for anything specific. My halfway completed Journalism degree doesn't count for much, nor does my almost minor in economics. And I've been out of school for so long any courses I've taken have emptied themselves from the vault.

I don't want to go back to school, but I'm stuck without a lot of options. I'm not even qualified for half the government jobs I saw online.

I need some guidance, like a life advisor. Maybe I can be one of those.

No comments: